Asset Consultancy Intern at BuroHappold Engineering

Bath South West
Business Intelligence Customer Service Engineering

7.3/10

7.4

It was a really good internship which gave me a great insight into the engineering industry. I gained loads of skills and I would thoroughly recommend applying if you are either an engineer student, or you are like me, and are wishing to get some experience within a technical field.

I was given rather trusting tasks which was nice because I didn't feel like I was just there to make coffee. My colleagues really appreciated the work that I did, and they would never pressurize me nor give me too much to do.

My team was always very approachable and supportive. If ever I didn’t know how to do something, they would carefully explain it, and even book in meetings with me to sit down properly to go over some of the work that I was doing. I always had something to do but I was never overloaded.

I always had things to do, but most weren't urgent. I was never pressurized and if I didn't know how to do something, someone was always available to go over it with me.

It varied from doing research projects which were not too urgent, to corresponding with clients about issues that needed to be fixed within the next day. In saying that, if ever I didn't know what to do and there was a time constraint, my colleagues would always be there to guide me.

It has really helped me figure out what I want to do after my degree. I didn’t have a clue when I first started, but having worked on loads of different projects, I have discovered that sustainability and renewable energy is what I’m really passionate about. Throughout the weeks, I found that I was interested in what kind of energy source a particular building was using; where do they get it from, how is it powered and is from a renewable source. It is definitely something that I would like to look into, and I am now considering a potential career in sustainability consulting.

Very nice and friendly, a good mix of seniors and young professionals.

It was all very well prepared. When I arrived they had a booklet with all the essential information I needed, and throughout the internship, everything seemed to run smoothly.

I had an induction day, as well as several training courses throughout my time at BuroHappold.

Very, I want to apply for the graduate scheme after I leave.

Very good! There were socials nearly every week as well as sports clubs and activities.

Well Bath is not the cheapest of places to work, especially if you are commuting from Bristol everyday, but it's so worth it!

Quite good, although I didn't go out so much.

Yes, loads of clubs and activities, and site visits.