Buyer's Assistant at ASOS

Camden Central London and City
E-Business Marketing Purchasing and Supply Retail Textiles

8.2/10

Maintaing the critical path, liasing with suppliers, attending fit sessions, pulling product, preparing for meetings, presenting best and worst, raising orders, preparing product for shoot, chasing samples and gold sealing.

I am so greatful for the year I spent at ASOS I learnt more than I could have hoped for, skills which will assist me in the industry for years to come. Being able to continue working one day a week alongside my studies at university has also been great for me too.

Felt very lucky being part of the menswear team as everyone is very close across all departments not just each team.

I received great support from my managers and had perfromance reveiws at the 3 month, 6 month and 12 month marks.

There was never a time when I has nothing to do certain times were particularly busy such as preparing for sign offs but this just allowed me to learn how to manage my time effectively.

I was given much more responsibility than I first anticipated and this gradually grew at a good steady pace during the time I spent there allowing me to continue developing my skills throughout the whole year.

Having started back at University and studying modules like global sourcing and garment technology I am so much more equipped for the modules having had that background practical experience of it in the working environment.

A great environment to work in with the perfect balance between enjoying work and getting the job done.

The programme was well structured with fortnightly tea and croissant mornings to review how we were getting on and monthly doughnut mornings to help us learn about other aspects of the business.

Three reviews in 12 months helped aid my development. There was also training programmes for new systems and company updates.

I would very much love to come back once I graduate.

Menswear as a whole is a very sociable team with pub drinks every Friday and planned events for special occasions, there was therefore a good social scene amoung the menswear interns but I never had the opportunity to socialise with womenswear particularly.

Normal London prices that can be expected.

Being located in Camden was a great perk.

Netball/Footbal teams.