Maintaing the critical path, liasing with suppliers, attending fit sessions, pulling product, preparing for meetings, presenting best and worst, raising orders, preparing product for shoot, chasing samples and gold sealing.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am so greatful for the year I spent at ASOS I learnt more than I could have hoped for, skills which will assist me in the industry for years to come. Being able to continue working one day a week alongside my studies at university has also been great for me too.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt very lucky being part of the menswear team as everyone is very close across all departments not just each team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I received great support from my managers and had perfromance reveiws at the 3 month, 6 month and 12 month marks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was never a time when I has nothing to do certain times were particularly busy such as preparing for sign offs but this just allowed me to learn how to manage my time effectively.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given much more responsibility than I first anticipated and this gradually grew at a good steady pace during the time I spent there allowing me to continue developing my skills throughout the whole year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Having started back at University and studying modules like global sourcing and garment technology I am so much more equipped for the modules having had that background practical experience of it in the working environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A great environment to work in with the perfect balance between enjoying work and getting the job done.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The programme was well structured with fortnightly tea and croissant mornings to review how we were getting on and monthly doughnut mornings to help us learn about other aspects of the business.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Three reviews in 12 months helped aid my development. There was also training programmes for new systems and company updates.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would very much love to come back once I graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Menswear as a whole is a very sociable team with pub drinks every Friday and planned events for special occasions, there was therefore a good social scene amoung the menswear interns but I never had the opportunity to socialise with womenswear particularly.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Normal London prices that can be expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Being located in Camden was a great perk.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?