1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very interesting and can be hard work but for most part i enjoyed my time in L'Oreal
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
For the most part i felt valued. However once or twice i wasn't included in decisions about my own projects which was frustrating
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You have to actively seek the support and guidance and pick your moments when you ask for help. but mostly people are willing to help or point you in the right direction.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Initially like most placements i did not have much to do, however i could have done more to keep busy. I had a few weeks where i felt very overwhelmed with work but you have to learn to manage your time and also say no occasionally.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
quite a lot
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learnt greater time management and lots about working in a big company
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Lots of fun nice things but also times where everyone was very stressed
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of training throughout
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Personally, L'oreal is not for me but i think its really nice that people spend yours with the company
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes though events would often start at awkward times and not near work
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good, after work drinks with whole team occasionally
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?