R&D intern at Church & Dwight

Folkestone South East
Chemistry Science/Research

7.5/10

7.4

I really enjoyed my placement

I felt very valued by all my colleagues.

I was given a lot of support and guidance by everyone in the company.

I was often busy but there was sometimes periods of really busy or less work, i assume this is the same in all companies.

I was given as much responsibility as they though I could handle.

They will really help me in my final year and even more when I have finished my degree and need to find a job.

Everyone was always quite busy but it was usually lively and everyone was friendly and happy.

As I was one of the first placement students the placement wasn't as organised as I am sure it will be now.

Any relevant training that was going on, I could get involved in. I always felt invested in.

I really enjoyed working for Church & Dwight and would consider working for them again in the future if the opportunity arose. Although I would also like to get experience working in another company to broaden my skills and knowledge.

There were very few placement students when I started so the social scene was none existent. However I know that this has improved a lot as there are currently a lot more placement students. I also made very good friends with colleagues in my department and spent many weekends and evenings at social events with them.

Folkestone was relatively cheap and most people lived there. Although Canterbury was the nearest student town and this was quite expensive.

The town where the site is does not have much nightlife but Canterbury is the nearest student city and had plenty of clubs and bars. This was only a train ride away