1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by all my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support and guidance by everyone in the company.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was often busy but there was sometimes periods of really busy or less work, i assume this is the same in all companies.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much responsibility as they though I could handle.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They will really help me in my final year and even more when I have finished my degree and need to find a job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was always quite busy but it was usually lively and everyone was friendly and happy.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As I was one of the first placement students the placement wasn't as organised as I am sure it will be now.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Any relevant training that was going on, I could get involved in. I always felt invested in.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I really enjoyed working for Church & Dwight and would consider working for them again in the future if the opportunity arose. Although I would also like to get experience working in another company to broaden my skills and knowledge.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were very few placement students when I started so the social scene was none existent. However I know that this has improved a lot as there are currently a lot more placement students. I also made very good friends with colleagues in my department and spent many weekends and evenings at social events with them.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Folkestone was relatively cheap and most people lived there. Although Canterbury was the nearest student town and this was quite expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The town where the site is does not have much nightlife but Canterbury is the nearest student city and had plenty of clubs and bars. This was only a train ride away
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?