HR Assistant at RCI Financial Services

Rickmansworth South East
Human Resources Marketing

8.9/10

Carried out general HR duties such as writing contracts. However, was involved greatly in organizing the placement fairs and also general staff activities. HR was a great department as you get to know and be involved with lots of other departments and really develop a good knowledge of the business.

Was a really great experience within a fantastic team and culture within the business. The training we received from our first day was amazing and I really felt valued as an employee.

I felt valued by every member of staff within the company even up to Director level. The company went out of their way to make all interns feel welcome from the first day.

They provided me with great support and training from the first day. We had a detailed induction and learnt about the company which really made you feel involved as a result, and also meant you identified with the business early on in your years placement.

I had a good workload and was constantly busy, however I felt supported and comfortable enough to ask for help if my workload ever got too much.

I was given a good amount of responsibility and felt that I really made a difference within the company. I had responsibilities such as organizing marketing materials and visiting placement fairs top recruit for next years intake of undergraduates.

The year at RCI has made me more employable and means I will be far better equipped to face the challenging job market after university. It has also meant that I now have experience in a multi-national company and it has helped guide me in my future career path.

RCI have just moved offices to Rickmansworth, this has made a huge difference to the company and made the office far more enjoyable and cohesive. We have a games room downstairs with a projector where you can play Fifa on your lunch breaks or watch TV. There is a big communal eating space where you can have meetings/relax on your breaks, there is also a fantastic library which is great for quiet breaks away from your desk.

The program was organized very well and all the interns received a full training schedule and had regular 1-1's to ensure we were settling in, meeting targets and felt comfortable.

The training we received was fantastic and I can honestly say that RCI has one of the best placement programs I have seen. The development I have gained is something which I will always be very grateful for.

RCI now have a graduate program, however it is quite small still but is growing in future years I believe. My future job prospects with the company I would hope are good as I would love to go back and undertake a graduate position there as I enjoyed my year so much.

They employ over 20 undergraduates so we regularly went on nights out together and to the pub after work. I lived at home however many interns house shared via a facebook group which was set up once they were successful in interview.

I lived at home, however the cost of living is reasonable as it isn't too close to London and the commute wasn't as unpleasant as many jobs in central London.

The nightlife in Watford is good, however we regularly went out in Watford and London.

There is a running, football and yoga club along with a few others, so there is lots of opportunity outside of work