1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Work placement has allowed me to gain an insight into what it's like working for a big company such as BAE. Understanding the different functions and business groups is the most enjoyable bit about it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt like a valued part of the team, given the opportunity to lead conversations and presentations. Felt like a full time employee
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management are very helpful in providing time for meetings to provide support and further guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Daily Tasks were given however not a huge amount of work was offered or diversity. Was busy for majority of the time, however many of the tasks have been repeated several times.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsible for a few things, reports, jobs and certain functions of that specific business group were left to me to manage.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Some transferable skills in terms of what is like working in a team and office environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very calm, friendly , a very layed back office place which meant that when first starting a lot of pressure was removed as everyone was very friendly and inviting.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Still have a lot to learn in terms of allowing the placement to get a broader stretch, instead of being focused into one area of the business group.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not much in terms of personal development, the company offers training in the form of videos and online courses. Besides that nothing else.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Appealing, however maybe in a different function of the business, to get a broader idea of what I want to in my career.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Other placement students meant that we could meet up outside of work, being in a new city to meant that this helped alot.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive cost of living, Bristol can get pricey at times.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not my scene wouldn't really know.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?