Buyer's Administrator at ASOS

Mornington Crescent, London Central London and City
Administration/Secretarial Business Analytics Business Intelligence E-Business Fashion Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Retail

8.1/10

General Admin duties; raising orders, gold sealing, getting the product shot, organising buying appointments, contact with suppliers and merchandisers, sorting samples.

Every day was extremely busy but tested my time management skills and I think a good way to get to grips with the real working world.

ASOS.com involved the interns in daily runnings and management of the business so you felt like a full time member of the team, whilst also giving you the internship experience with monthly meetings. This invloved talks from managers aorund the business in various departments to give you a full understanding of every aspect of the company operations.

I had training with two computer systems to be able to perform in my role. The skills I built up now mean I am a fully trained Buyers Administrator and understand the role fully. It would have been good to be involved in buyer assessment days in order to progress through job levels once graduated.