General Admin duties; raising orders, gold sealing, getting the product shot, organising buying appointments, contact with suppliers and merchandisers, sorting samples.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day was extremely busy but tested my time management skills and I think a good way to get to grips with the real working world.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
ASOS.com involved the interns in daily runnings and management of the business so you felt like a full time member of the team, whilst also giving you the internship experience with monthly meetings. This invloved talks from managers aorund the business in various departments to give you a full understanding of every aspect of the company operations.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had training with two computer systems to be able to perform in my role. The skills I built up now mean I am a fully trained Buyers Administrator and understand the role fully. It would have been good to be involved in buyer assessment days in order to progress through job levels once graduated.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?