Engineering Electrical, Control and Instrumentation at Centrica

Windsor South West
Engineering

8.0/10

• Working on the project management of the Roosecote Battery Energy Storage System (49 MW).
• Assuring project delivery on time and within the pre-defined budget. Further, problem solving of technical queries.

I have really enjoyed my placement, I was given great responsibility and support when I needed. Moreover, the company invests in you to learn as much about the business as you want; this includes travelling.

I felt as part of the team and when I stepped up to take responsibility, It resulted in positive responses.

As my team was fairly busy, I had support only when requested but the team tried to free up their time to help.

As I took responsibility for several tasks simultaneously, I was busy but not overloaded with work.

As mentioned from the above comments, I believe I was given responsibility as if I was a part of the team.

I believe the skills I gained were commercial, technical and project management skills that could not be taught in a classroom. The most exciting knowledge gained has to be the exposure and insight into UK's energy market.

The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. This motivated me to work harder and feel comfortable when I needed to ask questions.

The placement was well organised with all the training and development plans. There was no set plan for my role in particular as the my projects teams tasks varied quite quickly.

The firm invested highly, number one investment is they encourage you to travel to see the business; I had the chance to visit power stations and other parts of the business.

They assess your progress and development on the programme in order to offer a future prospect on employment. However, the placement does give you an advantage during the assessment.

I enjoyed my time getting to know a lot of amazing people.

The cost was okay, not too cheap or expensive.

There are only bars in the local area from accommodation, so there had to be a bit of travelling involved. However, the accommodation was provided free of cost.

Yes, I got involved with volunteering.