• Working on the project management of the Roosecote Battery Energy Storage System (49 MW).
• Assuring project delivery on time and within the pre-defined budget. Further, problem solving of technical queries.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my placement, I was given great responsibility and support when I needed. Moreover, the company invests in you to learn as much about the business as you want; this includes travelling.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt as part of the team and when I stepped up to take responsibility, It resulted in positive responses.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As my team was fairly busy, I had support only when requested but the team tried to free up their time to help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I took responsibility for several tasks simultaneously, I was busy but not overloaded with work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As mentioned from the above comments, I believe I was given responsibility as if I was a part of the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe the skills I gained were commercial, technical and project management skills that could not be taught in a classroom. The most exciting knowledge gained has to be the exposure and insight into UK's energy market.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. This motivated me to work harder and feel comfortable when I needed to ask questions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised with all the training and development plans. There was no set plan for my role in particular as the my projects teams tasks varied quite quickly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm invested highly, number one investment is they encourage you to travel to see the business; I had the chance to visit power stations and other parts of the business.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They assess your progress and development on the programme in order to offer a future prospect on employment. However, the placement does give you an advantage during the assessment.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I enjoyed my time getting to know a lot of amazing people.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost was okay, not too cheap or expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are only bars in the local area from accommodation, so there had to be a bit of travelling involved. However, the accommodation was provided free of cost.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?