Garment Technologist Admin Assistant at ASOS

Camden Central London and City
Fashion

8.2/10

5.2

Fitting garments on a model, approving testing, ethics, general admin, liaising with suppliers, working with the buyers and ensuring that five departments ran smoothly.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at ASOS, I gained so much valuable hands on experience.

I felt like I was really part of the team and a permanent member of staff, not just an intern.

My manager gave me loads of support throughout the year, and now when I have left on my final year dissertation.

I was very busy during certain times of the day, then during quite periods I was able to get all my work done including projects.

I had a huge amount of responsibility due to looking after many departments and my manager had other work commitments.

What I learnt while on placement really put my studies into context. And I have made some very useful contacts for my final year dissertation.

Everyone worked extremely hard but we also knew how to have fun and when. We all loved our jobs so the atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable.

The internship program was very thought out and useful, we really felt part of the team and valued.

They invested a lot of time in training me up so I was able to do the job level above the placement role and duties.

I have been advised I have a place when I graduate, but as of yet I have not received it in writing,

Yes, every Friday my team got together outside of work.

Very expensive! I lived at Kings Cross and what I was paid just covered my rent so not much left for bills or socialising.

There is always something going on in Camden so we found things to do.

There were charity events to get involved in.