1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Marks and Spencer.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people working throughout M&S are genuinely lovely people. I felt valued by each team I worked with in every store I visited
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As part of the programme you move around a lot therefore deal with many different managers. Each provides support and guidance when required. Each grad is also given a mentor - mine went above and beyond what was required.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
how busy you are depends on how driven you are to learn! There are exceptionally busy times - particularly around Christmas though on a day to day basis it is manageable. No two days are the same
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Delegated projects regularly
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have very much developed personally as well as academically. I am grateful for the time and investment from M&S which will aid me once I return to university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Generally, the placement is very well organised and managed. Naturally, there is a lot of movement through out the business which may disrupt your initial plan. However, nothing too detrimental
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are many workshops in which you can attend provided by M&S - the resources are definitely there you just need to utilise them
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will definitely return to M&S
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I had a very good relationship with other grads and we regularly went out and socialised
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Manchester Central - I commuted in so cost of living was ok
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?