1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was given a project of importance to the team that once completed would be utilized in their work. Knowing that my effort would matter kept me motivated and the environment of respect in the facility ensured I was as productive as possible.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were extremely polite and cooperative. They had great character and included me in their activities.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
All of my questions were answered quickly and informatively. Both my manager and my colleagues would have meetings with me when an issue needed an in-depth discussion.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A balance between tasks for all interns and my main project tasks kept me busy every day but never put too much stress on me.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given all of the reponsibility a usual employee had. I was in full control of my project apart from the requirements and was trusted to use available company assets.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned about making decisions and was given the chance to learn a lot of new software technology. I was taught about the business, internal communications within a large company, team-working and more.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Due to the nature of the company there is a certain amount of seriousness that is implied in the office. With that being said, the curious personalities of my colleagues and short chats now and then kept my work days interesting. There was also an atmosphere of friendliness and respect that could be felt from the first step through the door.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
All interns were kept busy with engaging events and challenges. My managers were prepared for the internship and handled all situations skillfully.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
All of my colleagues shared their expertise with me on topics I was not experienced in. I was given access to online trainings. My manager dedicated personal time for me to become familiar with new technology that was not always necessary for my work.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The incredible working environment ensures every individual can live to their full potential. The only con is the location of the facility - the London area is more expensive for permanent accomodation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were opportunies to connect with other interns, graduates and regular employees within the organization. The nearby area full of small towns does not allow for a very colourful social life, though.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I stayed in a student accomodation that boasted a normal price and larger space than most others. Shops were not more expensive than regular.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's tough to find a night club and the good pubs will sometimes have you on a longer than should be trip. There were not many students around in the summer.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?