Customer Service Agent at Golfbreaks.com

Windsor South East
Customer Service

8.3/10

Dealing with customers after the sale has been made. Contact by phone and email with venues and customers. Amending golf breaks for example changing hotels, golf courses or number of people travelling.

I loved my job, the people/ team are great. Customer Service can be tough but the motivation in the team kept us going. I had to work really hard but the perks were great too.

We had regular appraisals with our manager who told us how we were doing. we also had regular feedback from the sales department (eg. thanking us for our hard work)

We were always supported by our management. I felt I could approach my manager at any point.

It varied really. During the busy travelling months - we were extremely busy and having to work extra hours to get everything done. But then the quieter months are more manageable and you can help out with other projects.

We were given as much responsibility as the full timers.

I personally think that I have learnt so much more and grown as a person during my placement than I have ever done at university.

The atmosphere was great in the office - as it was a sales floor - it was always loud. I enjoyed going into the office each day.

As the company take on lots of students each year they need to get the induction right. My year I think the training was too long but they worked on it over the year (asking us for feedback) and this years student induction was much better.

We had a full appraisal every 6 months and regular catch ups every month so we could keep up to date with our development. The company also spent a few weeks getting someone in to train us properly on complaints. This was extremely valuable.

They have said I could go back if I wanted (and if they need). I would definately take this offer up.

The social was not just the students. It is quite a young company anyway so everyone got involved.

The cost of living was very expensive (a months rent was half my months wage). The socialising was great and plenty to do - but still expensive.

Windsor is a pretty good night out. There are plenty of bars and few night clubs.

There were opportunities near by - a leisure centre with a gym, sports. People also sent emails around the office asking if you were instrested in activities they were trying to organise. The boys also played 5 a side football everyweek.