Dealing with customers after the sale has been made. Contact by phone and email with venues and customers. Amending golf breaks for example changing hotels, golf courses or number of people travelling.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my job, the people/ team are great. Customer Service can be tough but the motivation in the team kept us going. I had to work really hard but the perks were great too.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We had regular appraisals with our manager who told us how we were doing. we also had regular feedback from the sales department (eg. thanking us for our hard work)
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We were always supported by our management. I felt I could approach my manager at any point.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied really. During the busy travelling months - we were extremely busy and having to work extra hours to get everything done. But then the quieter months are more manageable and you can help out with other projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We were given as much responsibility as the full timers.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I personally think that I have learnt so much more and grown as a person during my placement than I have ever done at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was great in the office - as it was a sales floor - it was always loud. I enjoyed going into the office each day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As the company take on lots of students each year they need to get the induction right. My year I think the training was too long but they worked on it over the year (asking us for feedback) and this years student induction was much better.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a full appraisal every 6 months and regular catch ups every month so we could keep up to date with our development. The company also spent a few weeks getting someone in to train us properly on complaints. This was extremely valuable.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They have said I could go back if I wanted (and if they need). I would definately take this offer up.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social was not just the students. It is quite a young company anyway so everyone got involved.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was very expensive (a months rent was half my months wage). The socialising was great and plenty to do - but still expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor is a pretty good night out. There are plenty of bars and few night clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were opportunities near by - a leisure centre with a gym, sports. People also sent emails around the office asking if you were instrested in activities they were trying to organise. The boys also played 5 a side football everyweek.