1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic experience, very enjoyable
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues were impressed with the work that I completed but always challenged me where necessary making me feel like a valued member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Great support in all aspects
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
For the first week it was obviously quiet, getting up to speed with everything etc, but further on from that it was constantly busy! Sociable hours still though!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A fair amount, my manager would assign tasks to prepare proposals which were being taken to management boards etc
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Work completed wasn't related to my degree, so won't help me going forward directly. But I have developed some soft skills which will definitely help.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My office was quiet because the company were in the process of moving to a new one
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was ok... some logistics could have been planned more effectively. For example, I was assigned a buddy and a mentor which were based in Canary Wharf whereas I was based in Liverpool Street - this meant that I perhaps didn't have as much face-to-face communication with them as I otherwise would have done.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had lots of training sessions throughout the internship - most of which were at the start during the induction, but we did have a couple training sessions run by external companies throughout the 9 weeks.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am interested in completing the grad scheme when I finish
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, the intern class I was in held social events on our own and those run by the company
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I rented a room in some shared accommodation in the city, which was walking distance from my office. This was very pricey, but worth it for the convenience. We all know socialising in London is expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not as many as I would have liked. For example I would have taken part in a rugby team or running group - I think these kind of opportunities would have come about if I was a long term employee of the company.