1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This internship started in a really structured way with one week training in the beginning giving you almost all basic information about your environment.
I personally really enjoyed my work with the sub-division and team I've been assigned to.
Environment is good, people around me is good, tasks was challenging and interesting.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I got a chance to use my own stuff in one of the release of the application, perhaps the next release as well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support and guidance were provided since my start of this internship,mainly about the structure and information about this firm and our team. Weekly catch-up enhanced the communication between us and it is a big convenient that my supervisor sat next to me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
We worked on a consistent pace and the workload was a bit heavy but challenging. I can say it is well structured as in on a daily basis we would do work on our specialism then you will be assigned a group project associating with your knowledge and financial services.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Throughout the internship, you take full responsibility of your group project and tasks assigned to you, but obviously support will be given from your team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Plenty. Professional skills such as practice and knowledge about programming. Personal skills such as team-work, presentation skills, future studies guidance, etc. They have covered a wide range of practice and information for you.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
We have a mixture of serious-minded and relaxing atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As I said, it is well-structured and organised overall.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Deutsche Bank paid several training session for its interns, e.g. presentation skills, insight of the financial services, etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Deutsche Bank is comparatively a great place to spend your time in in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The living cost was a bit high, otherwise average cost in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The Graduate Recruitment team regularly send emails suggesting local events happening around you.