IB Summer intern at Deutsche Bank

Banking/Finance

Deutsche Bank is a Top Employer

8.1/10

Investment banking intern for TMT London at Deutsche Bank

I loved the internship. I was challenged but also learned more than I could ever of expected.

I feel my colleagues were as helpful as they could be given how busy they are. The team made sure we worked hard but also enjoyed ourselves. I feel so lucky to have gotten to know and learn from everyone.

This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions
was such a great supervisor. He was always there for all of us and very encouraging. He also took us all for coffee to get to know us initially which was really nice.

It was cyclical, some days busier than others. I was never bored because when I did not have work I was practicing modeling/concepts and other useful skills we need to perfect.

The appropriate amount given my young age and lack of experience, being still a student.

Next year I will begin the bulk of my finance courses and this job will help me so much. As well, I expect to do very well in accounting now that my understanding is so enhanced.

The office is pretty quiet and busy, but not stressful. At night, it seems a bit more relaxed and everyone is helpful when you need them.

The internship was set up very well. I can imagine it is difficult to make time to set aside work and explain to interns. At the same time, it is hard to trust a newcomer with your work. Thus, I think the team did a great job getting us all involved while we learned along the way.

I was amazed by how much the firm invested- particularly with the initial training. I feel very fortunate to have gained such useful knowledge. I really enjoyed our Factset day in particular. As well, the company was extremely generous with resources, events, meals, and providing rides home.

I would love to work for DB. It would be a dream come true to learn from these people and gain exposure to such a company with so much to offer its clients.

Yes, the interns were all very kind and sociable. As well, we had some great team events organized for all of us.

The cost of living was pretty high but it is London, and we are paid well. It is very possible to live on the cheaper side though.

I did not really explore that but they seem to have options.

We had 2 team dinners, a scavenger hunt, drinks, and a football game. I appreciated people taking time from work to make time to get to know all of the interns.