1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Placement with BuroHappold has been extremely enjoyable as I got to work on a diverse range of projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All colleagues were friendly and approachable which made the working environment feel like family.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Great mentoring and guidance was given throughout the summer placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The balance was perfect! Lots of tasks, however time management is key.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Various projects required responsibility which enhanced the development of project management.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Software training, seminar talks, educational talks, range of projects have all contributed significantly to skill development. The knowledge and skills acquired will truly aid my development for the upcoming final year and beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The working atmosphere is simply amazing, people are respectful, polite and funny.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The entire structure was great, I was able to add in terms of what I wanted to learn/achieve more about which extended the knowledge.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of personal training, health and safety, software training, seminars, site visits, and many more.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Lots of opportunities are available within the organisation which is great.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone is social which makes the experience so much better.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was high however socialising was cheaper.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing nightlife opportunities!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Numerous activities to get involved in outside work hours!