1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thought that the internship was extremely good and well structured. Regular events were put on for the interns by Deutsche, including training provided on the company and for our divisions, events with senior managers, and opportunities to get to know other interns across the bank. It gave me a great insight into the company and financial services.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I received regular feedback by my managers throughout the internship that meant I could act on the suggestions given.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
In general I always had tasks to do. At times I felt I didn't have enough, or a specific task was a bit long, but overall the internship had the right balance in keeping me busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Studying economics, my time at Deutsche has been great in seeing how the skills I learned in my degree are applied in financial services. I also got to see the sort of skills economists use in the workplace. The internship gave me a greater insight into the finance side of the subject which I previously hadn't studied much before, and improved my skills with Excel in particular.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was friendly in the office. Colleagues were social and willing to give up their time to talk to me about their work, which I appreciated.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well. Deutsche had scheduled many events for the interns in addition to their regular desk work. This included a charity day at a local park, opportunities to meet with senior management, and regular social occasions. Moreover, over the 9 weeks we had 2 rotations with different areas, providing extra exposure to different parts of the bank.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a week of training at the beginning of the internship, as well as a presentation skills workshop early on that gave us the opportunity to develop and improve our skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?