Real Estate Finance Internship at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh Scotland
Accountancy Financial Management

9.0/10

Intern working on tax and financial transactions

I really enjoyed my time working here, everyone was so friendly and helpful and I learnt a lot.

The team working environment was so much better than I expected, I worked with everyone on my team and they all made me feel so comfortable

They didn't spoonfeed me, but I felt comfortable asking questions, and my tasks were very well explained to me. They set me up for success, not failure.

I always had work to do, and there was always a task there when I needed something.

I was given a lot of independence, but obviously with tax work all my stuff needed checked.

I now know what its like to be in an office environment, and I have had an insight into the finance world. This will not only help me in my studies but for future career choices.

Friendly environment all the work we did involved lots of other people so there was lots of interaction which made the atmosphere really great.

They set it up perfectly, I had lots of work to do, and I got involved in other tasks to vary my workload.

They invested a lot in me, I was given the opportunity to see 3 different offices, I spent time in Paris and London along with Edinburgh.

I knew I wouldn't get a job early on but the experience was the main thing for me.

Yes there was a good network of interns and young workers.

They paid for our accommodation.

Love Edinburgh

Yes, there was lots of activities I could have got involved in after work or at lunch.