Assist in a wide range of legal matters, such as attending to legal research and inquiries; and drafting correspondence, reports, and other basic legal documents;
Conduct factual research on existing and potential clients, competitors, and other topics as directed and draft summary;
Research and draft articles and legal updates;
Assist with presentation materials, proposals, agenda, minutes and reports;
Contacting various governmental authorities as required;
Other work that instructed by consultants and partners from time to time.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the two week insight. I relished the opportunity to work on live, high-value matters and felt a valued member of the team.Although stressful at times, I really enjoyed working with many different people and departments across the business, allowing me to successfully contribute to the closing of many deals.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Across the business, my colleagues showed a genuine appreciation of the work that I completed for them and I often received very positive feedback
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had daily work reviews with a member of my team, which allowed me to go through the work that I had completed that day and receive feedback. This allowed me to learn a huge amount and constantly improve my way of working to become a valued member of the legal team. I received the perfect amount of guidance. I did not feel out of my depth or uncomfortable due to the excellent guidance and support received throughout.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There has never been a time when I can truly say that I had nothing to do as I was always kept busy with something.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsiblities I had increased throughout the year to allow me to independantly complete work
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed during my time at the firm with greatly assist my professional development. These skills range from technical skills, such as contentious letter writing and agreement drafting, to how to conduct effective research.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was very friendly, but most importantly, very inclusive. I enjoyed the company of most of my fellow scheme students and found the working environment on the floors to be extremely supportive and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The programme is great to allow interns to become fully intergrated within the business
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in me by providing me with interesting and stimulating work to complete
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If the opportunity arises i would definetely like to work again with them
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, lots of opportunity.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The night life was great. spending time with friends was the best overall
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were multiple opportunities for networking with partners, associates and trainees at the firm.