Hospitality and Tourism Internship at Go Abroad China

shanghai China
Leisure and Hospitality

8.5/10

Ensure that all guests receive their faxes, messages and parcels upon arrival if it is handed over by Concierge agent.
Monitoring and confirming time of departure with all due out guests and prepare for guest checking out at the Executive Lounge.
Performing cashiering duties, e.g. post in charges, foreign currency exchange, checkout by cash or credit cards and selling of gift vouchers
Preparation for breakfast and cocktails daily and ensure food quality and service is maintained at the best for total guest satisfaction.
Check your station, prior to opening, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware.
Develop a complete knowledge of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records.
Develop a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service.
Pick up and present food and beverages according to standard service procedures. Properly bus the table throughout the meal. Dirty dishes and silverware should be cleared, except sugar and appropriate silverware and beverage glasses that are not empty, keeping proper posture and being personable, but limiting conversation.
Warmly greet every guest with smile, address guest by name and take down the record for reference.
Clean and reset the table according to standard procedures.
Do food and beverage inventory daily and update the filing document at the same time.
Study and follow the Associate’s Training Manual.

I greatly enjoyed my hospitality internship at Winson Engineering arranged by GAC. From the first day I was made to feel very welcome, meeting with my fellow interns, and those on the current graduate scheme.The atmosphere in the office is so friendly and inviting.The work was interesting and there are many opportunities to try new things, like working on the factory belts and in other departments.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Go Abroad China

I felt that I was very well valued by my colleagues, being given exciting projects with the benefits of hospitality made very clear to me.Various managers took time out to meet me and explain their role in the company, making me feel like a valued part of the team right from the start.

I was given excellent support by my managers. On the first day my manager devoted a great deal of time to introducing me to the business and the kind of tasks my work would involve. He scheduled a call with me each morning to discuss my achievements, questions, and tasks for the coming day, and encouraged me to speak to him any time if I needed help.

I was reasonably busy on a daily basis, with project work taking up a lot of my time, and the rest of the time spent making introductions with managers and colleagues, and attending various events over the twelve weeks.Occasionally I always found something productive to be getting on with.

I was given a good amount of responsibility during my placement, such as working on project plans for visitors, budgeting and accommodation. I felt that I was encouraged to seize responsibility at every opportunity, and was trusted with working independently to meet my set goals.

My hospitality skills would be very beneficial for degree studies; as I have graduated I will be taking these skills forward in my career.This wouldl be invaluable in the career I wish to pursue, as well as the presentation training which I received.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Go Abroad China

The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly.The office has a very open plan, which is great for working collectively.There are nice areas to sit and eat lunch, with kitchen facilities such as microwaves, fridges,coffee machines and vending machines.

As a general scheme Centrica's Sumer Placement Scheme is very well set up, providing thoughtful feedback at each stage of the application process, an induction day and a structured program of reviews and development days to be undertaken. My placement specifically varied in levels of organisation. My manager and other colleagues were very helpful in organising visits for me to other office.

Considering the short amount of time we had at the company, there was a good level of investment in the interns. We all received insight sessions into the departments at Winson engineering and were given the opportunity to attend a number of events and training sessions that the company was running for their employees.

All interns were really fun and friendly, we were able to organise our own social events on top of the HR organised socials.
People in my department were also really approachable and social i will be happy to come back and apply for a position

Yes, there was a very good social scene among the fellow placement students. There was a group on social media for the placement students, and this became a real community and support network, with frequent social events including bowling, meals out, and drinks nights.

The cost of living was low as accommodation was provided for us.

there was a great nightlife.

Yes there were many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work. I played football with colleagues every Wednesday evening, and there were lots of sports facilities on campus such as tennis courts, gym, hockey pitches etc. In our charity project we got the chance to spend time outside of work fundraising and volunteering.