1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Taking this Hospitality Internship with Go Abroad China, was the best decision I made for finding an internship in China. The whole internship program exceeded my expectation and i really gained alot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were really supportive, in a place where the language barrier was my greatest issue, my friends from the internship assisted me alot, making me feel comfortable and welcome during my internship.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors were really supporting. They helped me develop my skills and confidence. Everyone was easy to approach and talk to and always happy to help me whenever i encountered any issue
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My supervisors always made sure I had something to do each day. I was given tasks that stretched through my internship, with deadlines to meet. This really kept me preoccupied while I gained new skills and experiences.
From working in various departments, example, assisting the receptionist recieve guests to assisting the manager with administrative duties and supervision.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to assist my supervisor create plans that helped with the day to day management of the company, i was given the responsibilty of planing and organinsing guest accomodation and well being. This took me out of my comfort zone and boosted my confidence.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am truly grateful for how this valuable skills I have acquired will boost my employbility, helping me find jobs in the future and enabled me be aware of which which skills I now need to develop in order to be successful in my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a welcoming and friendly atmosphere at the office, were everyone was happy to help and learn from each other. Everyone was eager to add in or assist when it was needed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The company really had a structured management taking care of the whole internship. This team handled networking events, integration classes and activities, there was no dissapointment at all throughout my internship
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were lots of support groups and classes available for interns. Everyone has a supervisor who managed you and provided guidiance, I really benefitted from the support I received from mine
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definetely love to come back for a full time job at Go Abroad China. I feel there is still more I can do and add to the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All the interns i met were really friendly, we would plan out weekend trips and sport activites during the weekend which was always great fun. There were also lots of gatherings and events held by Go Abroad China so this really brought us together and I have made really good friends during my internship
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
At 1.25 per drink friday nights are fun
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
surprisingly fun, we had great fun at the clubs here.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were lots of activities to attend during my internship, from movie outings, weekend trips and sporting activities.