Field Test Engineer at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Automotive

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.5/10

Instrumentation, data collection processing and analysis, results generation and presentation, running projects and assisting engineers in the field test division of the mechanical testing department.

The majority of the work carried out was interesting and the people working on site helped made it an enjoyable experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

The other employees in my department were quick to help me integrate and I felt like a member of the team from the first day of my placement.

Both my department manager and also my supervisor gave me all the support I needed and made it clear I could approach then with any questions, problems or requests and they would do their best to help me.

There was always work to be done, and people could always find me more work if there was not much going on.

The student role I was in allowed me to work as if I was a normal employee with actual work - I was also given projects to run independently.

While not all directly related to my degree, a lot of what I learnt will help me develop my career path and assist my final years of study.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

The office atmosphere was friendly and welcoming, whilst still conducive to work as everything necessary was easily to hand.

Lubrizol have a long history of providing high quality student placements such that the structure and format of the placement is well set up and runs smoothly.

I received all the training and personal development I needed in order to carry out my role effectively as well as additional training that helped me develop other useful skills.

Whilst I would like to return to Lubrizol to work full time, they do not have a graduate scheme and job opportunities are quite rare so the likelyhood if returning for work is quite small.

There are plenty of student working on the Hazelwood site (around 10% of the total workforce is students on placement years) so there are lots of opportunities for social trips and nights out both independently or through the sports and social club.

Derby, where most placement students rent for their year, is relatively cheap. It is also a university city so there are student deals available.

Derby is a mid sized city so has a fairly comprehensive selection of bars, restaurants and nightclubs.

The sport and social club organise fairly regular events and there was also a student Facebook page where events were organised with the students.