1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was given real client work and travelled to client's site most of my time. However, there were also a few very quiet days.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have the best colleagues ever - very hardworking and personable trainees who were ready and willing to answer all of my questions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My counselling manager provided me with useful feedback and guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most of the time always have something on hand. But I would prefer the work to be a little bit more fast-paced, interesting.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given more responsibility than I expected, which was great!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed a clearer understanding of the audit work and picked up some technical knowledge and skills, which will definitely be helpful for my future career and degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was quite quiet as not many auditors are in the office, but they were nice.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was relatively organised, with clear work schedules and training programmes.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received a whole week of training on technical knowledge and skills, which were relatively long compared to some other firms.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
BDO is an appealing place to work if you are looking for financially stable job with expectable and reasonable hours.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we have social events 3-4 times/ month.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Relatively expensive, as the office is on Baker street, but there are also a few food chain restaurants which provide cheaper eating options. Accommodation is expensive, but transportation is convenient so you can afford to live further from the office.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Awesome. Lots of pubs and nice restaurants.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?