1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed it, got to meet with fellow interns across the UK on the first and last weeks, went to socials and got exposure to three different clients.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued - I was treated like a member of the team and not just as an intern. Most people were approachable and very polite.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
A lot of good guidance given by the people who were on client site.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy, there was never a day where I had to ask for more work because I always had work to do, all of which was meaningful work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot of responsibility, was trusted to interact with clients and work independently at times as well as in a team in others.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has improved my understanding of Audit, especially what it's like outside the Big 4.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed: people seemed hardworking but everyone was friendly. Good atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, we had a very informative and social induction week followed by 4 weeks of work in the office/out on client, followed by a final week with a partner interview, a CSR presentation on a project we had to choose and finally socials. There was a bit of a time constraint and practicality constraint in organising the CSR project when you and fellow interns (your team) were in the office at different times.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a lot of training in the first week (especially technical Audit training and the software that BDO uses) and other online training on ethics etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Quite good. Got the impression that you drive your career, the more responsibility you take on, the faster you can progress. Partner interview at the end of the internship.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes all the trainees seemed friendly.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Good cost of living and socialising.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?