1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the internship, as I got good exposure to the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Towards the end of the internship I was able to make an independent contribution to the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The ability to interact with a wide range of levels within BDO meant that guidance was always provided.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the job I was always on client site and able to get involved in a vast amount of jobs.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My little experience with auditing meant that I didn't gain a huge amount of responsibility during the internship, but the guidance given meant that I was able to gain lots of exposure to the whole auditing process.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Although the experience is not related to auditing having this experience has helped me see my future career path, with the potential of a graduate job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was young and had a really friendly vibe. I was usually on client site though, so was able to bond more with the staff there.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organised with a training week in Birmingham at the beginning
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested the time to teach me all aspects if the business and get good exposure to their clients.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have interviewed for the grad programme with the ambition of attaining it.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The office is young, so has potential to be very social.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I stayed with a friend so no cost
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?