1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working in the BMW Group is great. The tasks I was given were mostly interesting. Of course there are also some tasks that are not the most fun to execute, for example translating or copying data into Excel sheets. But I think that is the case in every internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had a great time with my colleagues. They're very friendly and supporting people. Throughout my internship I could help them with rather time-consuming tasks in their day to day basis which was much appreciated. I felt comfortable about working in my department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
In the main project I was working on, I was depending on a contractor. So unfortunately I could not always progress the way I wanted to, since the contractor's employees were fairly busy themselves many times.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned a great deal about management concepts I will definitely be able to use in my future placements. Also my english skills have developed pretty much, even though I've only been here for about 6 months.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The colleagues in my office are very cheerful. There is lots of laughter and joking. But of course all in the context of serious work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. Since there is always interns in this department, they are part of the organisation.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a vast number of very well organized intern activities. From a weekly interns meeting in Oxford's pubs to football tournaments and other fun activities.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is only one pub right next to the plant.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there are. It depends on every single person, in what extent they choose to get involved in activities outside work.