2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued, my supervisor especially as she entrusted me and the other intern with job level tasks straight away, teaching and mentoring us from beginning to end; as a result I'm walking away with career ready and very tangible skills.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was a level of trust to the extent that we would be left to tackle the given tasks and if we were stuck help would be offered.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I worked a minimum of 8 hours a day, and then explored the city on afternoons and weekends, so it was 8 weeks of non stop activity; which made weekends away with the CI time (to Lake George) extremely valuable.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Me and the Intern were put in charge of expanding my companies online subscription service and expanding their online presence, so we were given alot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was taught to prioritize my tasks and to "work up," to be organised about what I really needed help with and bank questions for a time that was helpful to my supervisor. She taught me to be more independent with my work and to be confident in my abilities.
Imagine yourself working at City Internships
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at City Internships