1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my placement, they matched it really well to my personality, what I was looking to get out of the time and I was lucky enough to be offered part-time work for my placement company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued, my supervisor especially as she entrusted me and the other intern with job level tasks straight away, teaching and mentoring us from beginning to end; as a result I'm walking away with career ready and very tangible skills.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was a level of trust to the extent that we would be left to tackle the given tasks and if we were stuck help would be offered.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I worked a minimum of 8 hours a day, and then explored the city on afternoons and weekends, so it was 8 weeks of non stop activity; which made weekends away with the CI time (to Lake George) extremely valuable.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Me and the Intern were put in charge of expanding my companies online subscription service and expanding their online presence, so we were given alot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was taught to prioritize my tasks and to "work up," to be organised about what I really needed help with and bank questions for a time that was helpful to my supervisor. She taught me to be more independent with my work and to be confident in my abilities.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really friendly, we were never patronised or spoken down to, it was a cooperative and postitive atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised, I was set up with a personal helper who prepped me for every interview.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested alot because lots of the programs we had to use were new to us, so I'm walking away with a whole new skill set.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was offered a part-time opportunity to work remotely for my placement company, which I'm thrilled about.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Really good social scene, you're placed with like-minded roommates, and City Internships also host mixers and events that help you socilise with other interns on the program.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was placed in New York, so I went in with the mind-set that it was going to be expensive so when I arrived I wasn't suprised, it was however managable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing! somethign for everyone.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of opportunities, City Internships took us on weekends away, and hosted 2 events every week.