Account Coordinator in the Strategic Sales team for Bing.
Supporting a team of Account Managers in delivering services to Microsoft Bing Networks top revenue generating Advertisers and Agencies.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the placement. I got involved in so many opportunities through the year which made this the perfect placement for me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team were highly supportive and always valued my contribution through the year. Always willing to teach you part of the job you didn't know so you could expand your knowledge.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager focussed a lot of my personal development with regular 1:1's and mentoring sessions set up. I was confident that if I had a problem, I could raise it with my manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was extremely busy each day through my main role and extra curricular activities. This made me look forward to each day as it was never the same.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given high levels of responsibility. For example given the opportunity to make decisions for highly valued customers and what we should do for their accounts.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and training I have received through the year have been invaluable. All these experiences will be really important for my final year of University through understanding the practical examples of what I have learnt in my first two years. It has also put me in a good position by having a year of experience within the Technology industry for after I graduate.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The employment opportunities are very appealing for after I graduate. I am currently in the process of applying for the graduate role in addition to looking for full time jobs within the company as back ups.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, as I was based in London with fewer interns, we had made sure we had the socials after work which were great. We had also caught up with all the Reading interns through the year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was acceptable as I had used the student finance to support this. We had lived in Zone 2 of London with a house of Interns which definitely made it more affordable and fun.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
For me the nightlife was good as there was a lot of socials with work to look forward to.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were several opportunities to get involved in outside of work such as sports teams etc. in addition to other volunteering activities you could participate in.