Account Coordinator (Data Analyst) at Microsoft

Business Analytics

9.0/10

Account Coordinator in the Strategic Sales team for Bing.

Supporting a team of Account Managers in delivering services to Microsoft Bing Networks top revenue generating Advertisers and Agencies.

I thoroughly enjoyed the placement. I got involved in so many opportunities through the year which made this the perfect placement for me.

My team were highly supportive and always valued my contribution through the year. Always willing to teach you part of the job you didn't know so you could expand your knowledge.

My manager focussed a lot of my personal development with regular 1:1's and mentoring sessions set up. I was confident that if I had a problem, I could raise it with my manager.

I was extremely busy each day through my main role and extra curricular activities. This made me look forward to each day as it was never the same.

I was given high levels of responsibility. For example given the opportunity to make decisions for highly valued customers and what we should do for their accounts.

The skills and training I have received through the year have been invaluable. All these experiences will be really important for my final year of University through understanding the practical examples of what I have learnt in my first two years. It has also put me in a good position by having a year of experience within the Technology industry for after I graduate.

The employment opportunities are very appealing for after I graduate. I am currently in the process of applying for the graduate role in addition to looking for full time jobs within the company as back ups.

Yes, as I was based in London with fewer interns, we had made sure we had the socials after work which were great. We had also caught up with all the Reading interns through the year.

The cost of living was acceptable as I had used the student finance to support this. We had lived in Zone 2 of London with a house of Interns which definitely made it more affordable and fun.

For me the nightlife was good as there was a lot of socials with work to look forward to.

There were several opportunities to get involved in outside of work such as sports teams etc. in addition to other volunteering activities you could participate in.