Sales Support Associate at SAP

Feltham Greater London
Business Analytics

8.7/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my work placement at SAP. The atmosphere in the office is always enjoyable, even at quarter ends. The social side of the job is incredible, with lots of nights out and friendly people in the office.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at SAP

I'm not sure I could feel any more valued in SAP. My sales directors and my team relied on me heavily, with my sales directors regularly highlighting that they couldn't do their job without me.

My managers were always very clear with me and gave me good direction to succeed in my job. I feel I was a given a good amount of support from my managers, however due to the very busy nature of sales, it was sometimes difficult to get as much support as I wanted. This was due to the job and industry, not the people.

I was busy on a daily basis and I never felt like I was waiting my time there.I had busier days on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Fridays were calmer like in most places but I was always kept busy.

The responsibility I was given was massive. My managers went into a number of forecasting meeting with the MD, COO and colleagues abroad and I was involved heavily with the preparation for these meetings. Without my work, my managers would struggle in their meetings.

I believe I've developed a number of skills that will be beneficial for me in my degree and future career. My work ethic and organisational have improved massively. In addition to that, for my future career, my interpersonal skills will be key and I have improved those throughout the year through working with a number of different types of people.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at SAP

The general atmosphere in the office is good. Everyone is up for a good laugh and always want to have a chat. Of course, there are some stressful times towards the end of quarters, but no job is always stress-free!

The work placement was perfectly set up. From the application process all the way to the induction work, it was seamless. The 2 week induction period really helped me build my confidence and ease my way into the job.

The company put a lot of effort into offering personal training plans and helping our development in our career. My managers were always offering support in helping me learn and better myself in my job.

I definitely would love to come back to SAP. I have learned a lot about the company and have good knowledge of how the company runs. I will need to review the jobs available when I graduate before I apply.

The social scene was fantastic. The christmas parties, dinners and drinks were extremely regular. I've been taken to some incredible places in London by my team and have enjoyed some brilliant nights. In addition, with 40 other interns, there are always nights out with them. I've had some of my best nights out here!

London is obviously very expensive to live and socialise in but that was okay. I expected it to be expensive so I can't complain. I had enough money to socialise with with my wage.

The main office is in Feltham where there is no nightlife. However you are short train away to very social places like Richmond, Putney and Clapham Junction. In addition, central london isn't far away as well and you can always work in the central London office before going out.

The company have a programme where all interns are expected to spend 30% of their time outside of their team to further enhance their experience. This is well run and the opportunities are available.