QMS, Quality Promotion and Calibration Student at BMW Group

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.4

6.5

The placement was very flexible. I did not have to sit at my desk the whole time and was able to manage my time. I had a good time and a good manager and no issues with either. I enjoyed the large interns community.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BMW Group

At the beginning my work colleagues were a little "shy", however soon they realised that I can complete tasks quickly and effectively, so I was given more tasks. They valued my work.

It was sometimes hard to get support from other departments and I had to chase up some issues multiple times. My supervisor however supported me fully.

There were times when my day would be super busy with multiple projects at the same time and there were days where I had very little to do e.g. after the finish of a large project.
The amount of work also very much depends on how much effort you want to put in and how much you are willing to do it.

I was responsible for a large software introduction at 2 plants. I had to prepare data and was not supervised at all.
I did not give any presentation to higher management.

The placement was not related to my degree, I have however developed my soft skills and gained extensive IT skills, since I had to deal with new software on a regular basis. I believe that the placement will definitely help me in my future career.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BMW Group

I really liked tha atmosphere. It was fairly quiet so you were able to concentrate well but you were able to freely speak anytime.
People were all easy-going and I have not experienced any arguments or drama.
Dress code: most people just wore a polo and black trousers but you were free to wear anything.

The beginning was a little rough. I received the information on my placement very late and it was hard to get in touch with HR.
The placement here very much depends on the department you are in.

I was able to go on a week long course provided by an external German company as well as go abroad on a business trip.

I did not get any further offers but I believe that it would be very easy to start working for the BMW Group again.

Yes, there is a large interns community with weekly social on Thursdays plus some events on the weekend.
Within the department we had events once a month.
This is I think one of the big pluses here! You will not get bored :)

Oxford is expensive. Accommodation is around £500 and going out is quite pricey too. It's hard to save money.

There are a few clubs in the city centre. During term you are able to go out to some Oxford Uni colleges.

Yes, you are able to join the university clubs or any other sports clubs.