1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was given real responsibility from day 1 and our mentors always made sure that we were doing the tasks which best aligned with what we wanted to get out of the program.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I worked in a startup so there was very few other colleagues, but because of this, we are respected and valued each other and they were a pleasure to work with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We had weekly check-in's not only to make sure that I knew exactly what I was doing but also to make sure that my needs and what I wanted out of the program was aligned with the tasks I was being given!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As mentioned, I worked in a start-up, so every day was very busy, different and enjoyable!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Considering I was an intern, I was given a lot more responsibility than I expected. At first this was slightly daunting, but it really pushed me and helped me learn and incredible amount!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt skills at this placement that would have been impossible to have learnt in textbooks at university. It has really opened my eyes to not only what life will be like after university but also to what is expected and these are skills which I think will help me greatly once I have graduated!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a very laid back atmosphere but work was still expected to be done.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised - on day 1 we were assigned specific tasks and it was clear that it had been very well thought out.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Considering I was only there a short amount of time they really did invest in me. They encouraged us to complete nationally recognised marketing certificates to help us with our understanding and learning.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Unknown at this stage as the company is a very new start-up
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we would have group lunches and post work drinks which made for a good social scene.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive - i worked in midtown Manhattan which is probably one of the most expensive places you could possibly work!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The New York nightlife is infamous and speaks for itself!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
At any one moment there are thousands of events going on in New York so there is ample opportunity to get involved!