1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at Golfbreaks.com. Working alongside a very talented marketing team has taught me so much and made me realise what career path I would like to go down after finishing my degree. The team have been fantastic throughout my year and have definitely made my placement very enjoyable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
In various different situations ranging from meetings to normal daily conversation I always felt valued by my colleagues. Whenever I would give an opinion in a meeting/discussion it would never be overlooked on looked down on as I was treated like a normal full time member. The level of responsibility given to me shows that as a placement you're valued as an integral part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The level of support I was given by my manager was fantastic. I could go to her with any problem or query I had no matter how big or small. Weekly catch ups and constant communication ensured that we were on the same page at all times. I feel that I have made drastic improvements to my organisation and problem solving skills over the year and a lot of the credit for that has to go to my manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload was perfect. I never had too much on my plate so that I felt overwhelmed, however there was always something to be getting on with. No two tasks are the same within the job and I found that prioritising my outstanding tasks in a to-do-list was the perfect way to manage my workload and efficiently manage other people's expectations.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The level of responsibility I was given was incredible. As an integral part of the marketing team I was trusted as the sole stakeholder in managing and editing the USA content management system. Liaising with directors on a daily basis and other department managers was great experience and shows the level of responsibility given. I was trusted to lead several big projects within the site, to which resulted in great success.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed various transferable skills that I can take back into my final year of my degree and furthermore my career. Attention to detail is a skill that is crucial in my job role, this is something I have developed and improved on immensely over the year and will help with tasks like essay writing in my final year. As will my improved organisational skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?