Audit summer vacation student at KPMG

Plymouth South West
Financial Management

KPMG is a Top Employer

8.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed the vacation programme, it gave me a real insight to the career as a whole which is the main I wanted to get out of it.

I felt valued as part of the team however due to the level of the ability the work given isn't particularly risky thus you know someone else can do it

Everyone was extremely helpful during every situation and I felt like I could ask questions whenever I needed help

I can do a module in my final year within audit, thus this vacation scheme will be extremely helpful for that

I was visiting clients on two of the four weeks but on alternate weeks I was based in the office, it was nice to break everything up

Office was very relaxed thus I was able to work hard and not get stressed out

I had two days worth of inductions and several training programmes to complete

It was very useful as even though you are untrained you still get to deal with clients as you would being a full time employee

The morals and ethics of the company have been embedded in my mind over this placement

It made me realise that this is definitely what I want to do after I finish Uni

Every relevant payment to do with business was reimbursed

There was a social and a network event over the four week placement

The social event was very enjoyable, as was the networking event

Yes I found out about all the secondments and different clubs there are within the business

I would definitely recommend this and have recommended it to a friend