4.9/10

• The Organisation
    5.3
  • Everything Else
    4.0
  2. The placement was more stressful than enjoyable. Although I can appreciate the constant judging of behaviour, the office itself lacked sense of community and humour.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I felt more valued during the end of the week and by other members of staff than my mentor themselves.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. Great guidance in terms of not feeling like a burden, with plenty of tasks to do, so great organisation from my mentor. However, my mentor somewhat left me swimming in a big pond and was very reluctant to guide me on even the general workings of the office, which for any new member of staff is challenging.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. Hugely insightful week, despite the stress. I have learned a number of valued skills, expanding both my written and verbal communication.

10. Very well structured. However, possibly too many graduate tasks/ too big a graduate task (the presentation), in turn I felt my true personality was watered down as I constantly had to prep for this/ prep for the at home and was subsequently very tired. It took up too much time, jeopardising networking opportunity.

12. Pressurising and somewhat flat. It wasn't a nasty atmosphere by any means, but it was also not warm and appealing.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?

14. 1/10

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. Very much so. Shadowing a trainee was useful in watching their daily realities. Also, joining in on trainee tasks gave you a great insight.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. Only being a week was limiting the amount of time you could absorb into the firm.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?

20. 7/10

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?

22. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  23. Only for meeting trainees. There was limited opportunity to mingle with any higher positioned people without feeling like a burden.

25. 2/10

26. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?

27. 6/10

29. Great and valued experience and could be even greater for a different individual. I would let them know of the positives and negatives and let them weigh this up with their personality/ aspirations.

30. In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?

Legal/Law, Private Client Law