Working both online and offline with various teams in L'Oréal Professionnel. Choosing and uploading photos on to our Inspiration Gallery, being the editor of the monthly newsletter that was dispatched to over 30,000 people, Creating and monitoring surveys, building a Salon Locator tool, Creating sample website templates for salons, dealing with salon queries, promoting products within salons and on print.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great opportunity to get out into the world of business! You would never learn half the stuff i did from a textbook
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team were so welcoming to me on arrival and since then we have remained professional as well as having some fun
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was unclear when setting the majority of tasks. However the rest of the team were great, and the head of LP was an idol for me when i was working here
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I started off very lightly as i learnt about all the products but since then i have found it very challenging but i enjoy being busy and producing high quality work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was asked to head up meetings on a regular basis, and report to senior management, therefore i would say i was given a good level of responsibility for my previous levels of experience
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Some of the skills i have learnt here are priceless. How to deal with agencies, approach different characters in the team, as well as how to present your work and shout about what you are doing in a subtle but noticeable manner
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was the right work/fun balance
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
They had work set for me from the day i arrived and the internship scheme here is faultless
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I wanted to go out in the field with the commercial team more often like the other members of the team. However i was denied this opportunity
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They have a great graduate scheme that i would be fully interested in applying for
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We often lunched together as well as had monthly tutorials which allowed us to get to know each other socially and professionally
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living and socialising was very high! So expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good nights out but very costly
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Extra curricular societies and teams were mentioned but nothing really materialised. Seems to be more related to permanent employees