Intern in Production Control, Programme Planning and Despatch Control
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I liked it really much, i had a lot to do and i was never board sometimes even to much responsibility but that wasnt an issue for me. Especially to have deep look inside the special and individual process of every colleauge in my department.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues helped me in the beginning and advised me in several things. At the end they also asked for my advise espescially when it came to IT issues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
After my internship i get the opportunity to write my thesis here. And my Supervisor supports that very much and it was even his idea. I also got a mentor who helped when i had question.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Too busy often had to do overtime.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had the lead on several processes and was also responsible for projects. I was also involved in the decision making process.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My english got better. I also got SAP training for creating deliveries, creation of Programmes and the opportunity to write my Bachelor thesis in the company
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Open Office with several departments in it. Therfor sometimes a little bit too loud and sometime i little bit to busy. But general atmosphere was alright and colleagues were amazing.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR had some issues with my contract and it took really long
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Nothing in particular
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really good opportunity because networking was even possible and also opportunity to write my thesis there.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I made a lot of friends here and did a lot of stuff in our free time.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
lived in a shared household therefore living was quite alright. Directly in my work place was nothing so i had to drive about 45 min to work everyday it was only possible to meet friends in Birmingham City
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing 100% chance to meet new ''friends'' espacially in Broadstreet.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?