vacation schemer at DLA Piper

4.9/5

4.6
4.9

vacation scheme

splendid opportunity. the contents of the induction week were interesting, and the two work weeks were very well managed. everything was very well organized despite the technical difficulties faced

HR were always there for us. I really appreciated the presence of very senior staff presenting for us. the people in the offices were all very approachable.

as per the guidance, everything was very clear. on the work placements, some complained about the fact it was on them to reach for people - this was not always the case and, however, the schemers must make an effort to be proactive. as per the support, it was perfect. no question unanswered.

I will particularly benefit from the "personal branding" session.

the structure was perfect. my only concern was with the two presentations; I believe one could be enough if people want to really experience the work placements.

all DLA Piper staff were very welcoming. the speakers were engaging and open. the supervisors were available for all needs - taking into account their workload.

this question is partially answered above. all the people on the work placement were very happy to provide me any explanation I needed.

it provided me with the opportunity to speak to people from all different seniority levels, so that I could understand how my work could be in the short, medium, and long terms.

in this respect, I believe it was particularly helpful to meet the trainees and hear their first-hand feedback on the culture.

I had already chosen I wanted to be a lawyer. However, it is useful to have some insight of the different practice groups.

the pay was adequate for a vacation scheme. the difference with other firms is so small in absolute terms that I believe it is irrelevant.

beside all the presentations, there were several occasions to meet people from the firm (pizza lunch, drinks etc.)

very informal and insightful. I cannot think of any possible improvement.

yes, and trainees in particular were very keen on letting us know all such occasions

absolutely.