8.6/10

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else

Vacation Scheme at Herbert Smith Freehills

2. I really enjoyed my vacation scheme. I had amazing supervisors and trainee buddies who made me feel part of the team and allowed me to do really great work. I also had the opportunity to speak to other Associates who were working in teams that interested me so I gained an insight into what they did too.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I felt highly valued. Even the way my supervisors gave me constructive criticism encouraged me, and made me want to do better.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. I had a variety of support networks during the vacation scheme. My fellow vacation schemers were lovely so we had our own WhatsApp group, I also had great trainee buddies and supervisors who were always willing to help.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. I do a non-law degree, but the skill of attention to detail and, though it sounds trivial, knowing how to format professional emails, will stay with me!

10. Very well structured. We had a booklet that informed us about the outline of the three week vacation scheme. We were also well-informed in advance of any room changes. The grad recruitment of HSF are definitely well-organised!

12. Very friendly, warm, professional - but also filled with very intelligent, capable people. Great atmosphere.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. We had presentations from every department at the firm, which was great.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. Working in two different departments for three weeks gave me a great insight of what it is like to not just be a Trainee at the firm, but also how being a trainee differs from being an Associate or a Partner at the firm.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. Very useful. I spent a lot of time working with the lawyers at the firm so it gave me a great insight into the culture of the firm.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. I already knew that I wanted to be a lawyer, I guess it informed me that I might really want to be a Disputes lawyer now.

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. Good pay.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. Yes, multiple. The best thing is that partners were at every event. You can see they really care about investing into the future of the firm.

26. They were nice. Mostly centred around drinks though - but non-alcoholic drinks always provided. Really liked the event we had where we went bowling.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. Yes, They have a lot of sports networks and social groups. We even had an event that was like a Fresher's Fair

30. Yes - definitely!