Project management, Scrum Master in agile Projects, Testmanagement, updating of applications catalogue in the IT. organizing workshops and trainings, Sharepoint page development.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed every part of my internship. Specially my colleagues are so nice and helped me, specially at the beginning to come part of the team. My work was diversifed, what made it every day different and enojable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I definitely feel part of the team. I have an internship position but I am still a full working person like everybody else. My colleagues are nice and friendly to everyone and there can't be a bad question. They are always open for support.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As well verry good. They gave me regular feedback on my position and tasks. They cared about me if I feel good or if I need any help or support. Overall they belonged to the team and the herarchie is low, which makes it comfortable to work with everybody in the same way.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It was a good balance overall. Not too much work and not too less to do. Generally I had projects to onganize myselve, so there wasn't a lot daily businss in my internship. Anyway I had my days when I should finish why I had every day thinks to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had quite a lot responsiblility in some projects. For some I took the management role and was responsible for the successfull project and to finish it in time etc. In some projects, I had less resposiblity which was good as well to have it different.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
If I could give more than 10 stars I would. The most important thing for me is that I find out that I want to stay in the IT. I have found my job what I want to do in the future. As my degree is finished my tasks of course won't help me that much there. But definately beyond for my next job. Appart from that I improved my english skills, I learned new technologies and systems to use.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
perfect! It's a office with the hole IT department (about 50 people). There is always something going on and it's comfortable to work there. It's not too loud and therefore always possible to make a phone call etc. Anyway there are lots of opportunities to book a private room. It's useful to work with the colleagues in one office to discuss project. This makes work in teams much easier.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I had the respnsible to organize my project during my internship. As well I knew the dates when it should be finished - or some meetings were taking place. So the overall organization was good!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think it was a good range of possibilities I had during my internship. I joing an agile training course which was really helpfull for my future development. One training course unfortunaltely I couln't join, as it is not avaiable for students. But that was okay, as I got the opportunity for other trainings.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
there are lot's of opportunities for students to stay with the BMW Group. But for me in person there was not the propper program available.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. As there are so many students from all over the world it makes it easy to meet regulary, to find friends and to organize activities. As well at work they organized knowledge lectures, plant tours, etc.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The costs are quite high. Specially for the rent and if you want to go out for some drinks or food. But the salary war therefore higher as well. So I overall it was a good balace between salary and spending money on living and socialising - therefore 10 stars.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In the town I worked there were lot's of opportunities to go out and to enjoy the nightlife. Anyway most of the pubs are closing at 11pm and the clubs have open till 3am. The cost's to entry the clubs are quite high.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. Like I mentioned before the interens in the company are organizing activities. As well the town has some opportunities to do water sports like punting or cultureal activities (museum, church etc.)
Next towns and beach is nice to visit via bus or car.