Summer Vacation Scheme Student at RPC

London Greater London
Insurance Legal/Law

9.4/10

2 week summer vacation scheme with RPC

I have really enjoyed the past two weeks. The work has been interesting and the firm really lives up to the 'friendly' and 'innovative' reputation that it has.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at RPC

The work I have undertaken has all been pretty substantial and no one asked me to do photocopying/bundling (not that I would have minded). The firm is also keen to know what you think of them so your feedback is important.

The guidance and support I have received from both HR and the lawyers/trainees has been fantastic. There is no such thing as a silly question and you can always ask for feedback/help.

Even if I don't receive a TC offer, the skills I have learned on this vacation scheme are extremely transferable.

Well timetable and just the right balance of work and social activities.

Really positive - although there were a couple of stressful moments (i.e. the group assessment and final interview) overall I felt really at ease in the work environment.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at RPC

The majority of the skills I feel as though I have learned/developed on the scheme have been as a result of working closely with lawyers. There are plenty of networking opportunities available and I have found these really helpful.

Lots of the work I have done is indicative of what a trainee would be doing so I would say it has given me a good insight.

I wanted to find out if the firm really lived up to its ethos and have found that it did just that. The culture here is really open and this is reflected by the people and the offices.

I think if you have got this far in the process then you are already pretty aware of what career path you are taking, but the content of the scheme did cement this for me.

Yes, constantly. There are both formally organised events, but equally you are encouraged to ask people to go for coffee/to go to any socials you want to get involved with.

Excellent. We went to ClueQuest and pizza making with the trainees and had several networking lunches/speednetworking with the lawyers.

Sports teams, client networking and socials, pre-TC opportunities.

Yes, absolutely.