CMS Academy Intern at CMS

Sheffield Yorkshire and Humberside
Legal/Law

8.7/10

The work was varied & the people were really fun and welcoming.
I valued the variety of having the first week of activities and then the second two weeks of seeing how the firm really works, also that they were in different locations.

Given real work which actually benefitted the firm and they made this known.
Thanked me for all the work I did.

All the support I could have needed, I had.

Very valuable skills about practical work, succeeding in the industry and good life lessons.
Work could have challenged me a bit more.

Structure was good - kept it exciting over the three weeks.
Although the talks with other offices were valuable in keeping things varied during the second week, they were unnecessarily long and I missed out on other more insightful meetings I could have been going to.

Really fun, happy and supportive!

Immensely.

The two weeks allowed us to see what the firm was really about, different people's work and their opinions on the working life at CMS.

It confirmed that I wanted to do law 100%.

CMS could have been more active in networking with other employees within the office.

The first week could have been improved e.g. maybe organising us chairs to sit on while we ate lunch/dinner and had drinks.
Could have been more effort for informal drinks between all candidates.

Yes - found out about one sport team and even played a game with them!

100%