Vacation student at CMS

Commercial Law Journalism Legal/Law Science/Research

8.1/10

A lot of great opportunities to experience the legal work and to network.

The graduate recruitment teams were nice and accomodated the vac schemer's very well. Within the departments it depended on invidual supervisors - some were simply to busy to care too much about vac schemers, which is understandable.

All the lawyers were very helpful and I never felt completely lost.

A lot of industry knowledge. Not really applicable to me as I sat in a contentious seat and it will only apply if I qualify into a similar one.

Quite well structured, can't really say anything negative about it.

I very much preferred the actual internship to the business development part - which although fun felt a little bit forced at times.

The firm supported my visa applications, was ready to cover my travel and accomodation expenses and spent quite a bit of money (I imagine) on development and socials.

It is still different from the actual job but I don't think any internship can achieve this.

No comment

It confirmed the seat and practice area I want to specialise and qualify into.

No comment

Quite a lot of those actually but I still wish there was more involvment within individual deparments on more formal level.

Work took precedence over them for me - but there were plenty opportunities for those who were more networking-oriented.

Not applicable