Intern at The Walt Disney Company

3.6/5

4.1
3.3
3.1

Overall, the year at Disney has been a fantastic opportunity. I met great people and learned more than a staple of university can teach. The job itself doesn't offer a lot of prospects for my personal needs, but it provided an amazing touchpoint with the company and the media world.

The team was a big plus during my placement. After 12 months, they were more friends than colleagues, but the level of professionalism was always kept effective. The team made me enjoy the office life and even helped me to turn away from biased thoughts about a desk job.

A point of improvement would be the management guidance. While I witnessed shining examples in other departments, I felt it lacked in mine. Communication from the management level to the team was rare and the management felt slightly distant. It was more my supervisor, who I subconsciously began to see as my manager.

Not too busy but busy enough. Daily tasks provided a steady work flow and sometimes spontaneous jobs came atop that could make day to day business quite stressful. However, it's an important aspect to learn and it helped to cope with stress. The majority of the internship was in perfect balance though.

I had my own tasks for which I was entirely responsible and I highly welcomed the opportunity. It helps a lot to learn to manage your own tasks and time.

I applied for the internship due to the direct connection to my study. It exceeded my expectations in learning more about the aspects I wanted to learn about and went beyond by introducing me to various different aspects of the company. An advantage of a large company like Disney is, that a lot of department cooperate under the same room.

My department was in a separate area in the office meaning fewer people in our own space. all those people grew to my hear and yes, the fun never stopped. Having said that, no one was lazying around and not completing their tasks. But the department had a great work and fun balance.

Everything was in place for a smooth beginning. All administrative stuff was quickly taken care of and there was an introduction to the company and the building.

I really appreciated the learning opportunities the company provided. There are several online courses, events and seminars that interns could participate in. However, it's all down to pro activity, because no one recommends or tells you to join anything.

Although the same position wouldn't interest me at the moment, the company holds various opportunities and I am certain to cross path with Disney again.

There has been hardly any organised scene amongst fellow students. Thus, it was hard finding each other in a building with around 2000 employees. Overall, you meet interns from the team you work with on a day to day basis, which was enough for me.

A major part of my salary was eaten up by living and socialising, sometimes more than I liked to. It's hard to say no when the team goes for yet another event or round of drinks, but forgets that an intern has a different salary. However, never regret what made you smile. I had a good time and the socialising is both fun and important. You get to know the people better that you work with, an investment well spent.

Personally, I wasn't all to interested in the Nightlife and limited myself to after work drinks with the team.

There have been several events that employees could sign up for and participate. That could be work related or even volunteering opportunities.