-Maintaining and managing the various configuration systems.
-Supporting the tasks run by the Product team set to improve and increase the Product Life Cycle of our Models.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement overall.
I experienced a wide variety of different tasks and challenges.
Every week was different to the last, which made my time so enjoyable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt incredibly valued by my team mates and colleagues.
I was given a large amount of different tasks and a lot of responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager and I had regular 1-1 meetings.
He was incredibly transparent and would always say if i was doing something wrong/correct.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Generally i was very busy. I had to cover a lot of different tasks ranging from pricing to the configurator, So I always had a lot to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As stated before, I was given a large amount of responsibility. I was given different tasks and objectives to manage.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that one main skill that has been developed during my time here is my management of tasks and time keeping skills, by having multiple deadlines for multiple people.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The Product Team was a very friendly group of people who had good chemistry. This made time and the atmosphere spent in the office very enjoyable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I believe it was very well set up.
I had a 3 week handover period at the start of the internship which allowed me to be immersed into Rolls-Royce slowly.
As the year went on, i was given more and more work which I think was appropriate.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Unfortunately there was not any official training schemes available for Interns at this time.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Due to the ever changing market of Luxury Cars, it's difficult to predict whether there will be many future prospects.
However i have been encouraged to apply for the Grad Scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes definately, due to myself and a few other interns setting up the 'Intern Committee' we were able to group people together for events and social scenes.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Chichester has a fairly high cost of living.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were no 'clubs' in chichester, plenty of bars and pubs however.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not particularly, there were some events set up by the department outside of working hours however.