Product Strategy Intern at BMW Group

Automotive Business Analytics Business Management E-Business Sales

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.3/10

6.5

-Maintaining and managing the various configuration systems.
-Supporting the tasks run by the Product team set to improve and increase the Product Life Cycle of our Models.

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement overall.
I experienced a wide variety of different tasks and challenges.
Every week was different to the last, which made my time so enjoyable.

I felt incredibly valued by my team mates and colleagues.
I was given a large amount of different tasks and a lot of responsibility.

My manager and I had regular 1-1 meetings.
He was incredibly transparent and would always say if i was doing something wrong/correct.

Generally i was very busy. I had to cover a lot of different tasks ranging from pricing to the configurator, So I always had a lot to do.

As stated before, I was given a large amount of responsibility. I was given different tasks and objectives to manage.

I believe that one main skill that has been developed during my time here is my management of tasks and time keeping skills, by having multiple deadlines for multiple people.

The Product Team was a very friendly group of people who had good chemistry. This made time and the atmosphere spent in the office very enjoyable.

I believe it was very well set up.
I had a 3 week handover period at the start of the internship which allowed me to be immersed into Rolls-Royce slowly.
As the year went on, i was given more and more work which I think was appropriate.

Unfortunately there was not any official training schemes available for Interns at this time.

Due to the ever changing market of Luxury Cars, it's difficult to predict whether there will be many future prospects.
However i have been encouraged to apply for the Grad Scheme.

Yes definately, due to myself and a few other interns setting up the 'Intern Committee' we were able to group people together for events and social scenes.

Chichester has a fairly high cost of living.

There were no 'clubs' in chichester, plenty of bars and pubs however.

Not particularly, there were some events set up by the department outside of working hours however.