Business Support Placement at Network Rail

2.6/10

2.8
3.2

1.5

Bloody boring and learnt nothing apart from how to work like a robot. EVERYDAY routines: copy and paste ballest data to an excel file from each depots then send out to different stakeholders, identify the ballest delivery patterns and manage the ballest orders to be delivered on site.

When I have completed a task, I'll get praised or at least will get notified they have received the data.

2 colleagues and 1 line manager but I can say only the male is okay.
Other people not in my team are very friendly to me as we talk about everything from football to politics.

Not busy at all but the tasks are absolutely and utterly boring and dull.

Copy and Paste the data.

None. I have nothing to study with ballest in my degree.

I could play Xbox with some people from other departments. I could talk about anything from football to politics with others from different teams. So the atmosphere is quite warm I can say, it's a shame the tasks are very boring and dull though.

Totally did not expect I'd sit in front of a computer and copy & paste the data everyday. Thought I could go to visit sites more often rather than only ONCE in THREE months.

Not sure as I don't think I could learn anything from copy & paste the data from emails sent by different depots and put them into an Excel file.

Absolutely 0 as I don't want to die working as a robot.

NONE. I'm the ONLY placement student for the supply team, can you believe it in terms of the size and scale of this company???

£750 monthly rent in a flat in Central Milton Keynes and this shithole has nothing apart from shopping centres, no football pitch no snooker club. Only positive is quite close to London.

Not my thing.

None. Everybody goes home straight away after 5PM!