1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Bloody boring and learnt nothing apart from how to work like a robot. EVERYDAY routines: copy and paste ballest data to an excel file from each depots then send out to different stakeholders, identify the ballest delivery patterns and manage the ballest orders to be delivered on site.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
When I have completed a task, I'll get praised or at least will get notified they have received the data.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
2 colleagues and 1 line manager but I can say only the male is okay.
Other people not in my team are very friendly to me as we talk about everything from football to politics.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Not busy at all but the tasks are absolutely and utterly boring and dull.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Copy and Paste the data.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
None. I have nothing to study with ballest in my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I could play Xbox with some people from other departments. I could talk about anything from football to politics with others from different teams. So the atmosphere is quite warm I can say, it's a shame the tasks are very boring and dull though.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Totally did not expect I'd sit in front of a computer and copy & paste the data everyday. Thought I could go to visit sites more often rather than only ONCE in THREE months.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not sure as I don't think I could learn anything from copy & paste the data from emails sent by different depots and put them into an Excel file.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Absolutely 0 as I don't want to die working as a robot.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
NONE. I'm the ONLY placement student for the supply team, can you believe it in terms of the size and scale of this company???
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
£750 monthly rent in a flat in Central Milton Keynes and this shithole has nothing apart from shopping centres, no football pitch no snooker club. Only positive is quite close to London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not my thing.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
None. Everybody goes home straight away after 5PM!