Assisted with the operation of the internal fleet of Rolls-Royces, from ordering them, arranging bookings to various events and then assisting with their sale.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has been an amazing company to work for, the Sales Operations Internship role has been incredibly varied and has allowed me to develop key skills preparing me for any future career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Being an Intern at Rolls-Royce has meant that I am given a values job role whith tasks that I alone am responsible for and habve been assked to support various members of the team and other departments on a veriety of tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have had multiple progress meetings with my manager to discuss my progress and have always been able to arrange more meetings or ask other members of the team for support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My workload has varied day to day, as is the nature of the role, however there has always been plenty of tasks to get involed with and have had the opportunity to start my own projects and implament process improvements.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My Role as the Sales Operations Intern has meant that whilst woking as part of a team to meet various objectives, I am also soley responsible for a variety of tasks, and am asked to assist with information by many different departments on a daily basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My experience here has developed me far beyond any I could have had at university, I am now a key member of the team, given real responsibility and have become a well rounded employee prepared with the skills to quickly adapt to any situation in any company.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
there is always a lively atmosphere in my office, with meetings taking place and general conversation between my colleagues
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Due to the nature of my role there wasnt a great deal of training as it is a case of doing the job and gaining experience. Due to the level of independance aswell it has been more of a full time job rather than an internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There has been the general opportunity to arrange work experience and training with various other departments which I have taken advantage of, there are also various training programmes taking place which it is possible to attend.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a graduate scheme available and various full time employment opportunities.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is an intern committee which arranged monthly meetings to discuss issues and arrange social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Chichester can be a very expensive area regarding rent and Sociallising.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Chichester has a very quiet nightlife, only one place opening past midnight. but Brighton and Portsmouth are close by.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were departmental and intern Football teams.