Business Development PD and Strike Force Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Administration/Secretarial Consumer Products/FMCG Design Graphic Design

7.9/10

My internship at The Walt Disney Company was thoroughly enjoyable and I would recommend applying to anyone hoping to take a year out at university into industry. I feel the experience I have gained here will be invaluable for my future career and I cannot express highly enough what a pleasure it has been to work for such an exciting, diverse multi-national company.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

My team here at The Walt Disney company are wonderful, welcoming, kind and knowledgeable. I feel not as if I am working with colleagues, but instead with friends.

I have always received excellent support from my manager when issues have arisen and I have had questions to ask. Her knowledge and guidance has been first class and I have no complaints, therefore can give nothing but 10/10.

Working between three business areas meant that it was incredibly rare I did not have any work to do and the large majority was highly enjoyable. We were in fact often very busy which was excellent for my time management skills.

I often met face to face with external contacts, was the creator of key presentables for large scale meetings and helped to organise key events for our particular LOB.

The communication and networking that achieved here at Disney will no doubt stand me in excellent stead for my future career and the design skills learned will certainly come in extremely useful for my final year of study at university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

The atmosphere in the office was always positive and I really enjoyed working with an excellent group of fun personalities. I was always treated as an employee rather than an intern and I believe this helped me to integrate into the company with ease.

I received communications promptly and when expected and my role was well defined and organised. The HR department was always very helpful and communicative with internship related timings and formalities.

I was trained to use many of the companies' internal systems which stand me in good stead if I am to return in the future. The nature of my role meant that it was more suitable to learn on the job, which was not an issue.

I was not personally offered a job but would be very happy to return here in the future since the internship creates people who are much more employable for the company.

Since the company has a lot of interns there were many others my age to socialise with and we often went out places in our time here.

London is an expensive place to live and therefore socialising was not always possible due to budget constraints. That said, the company pays its interns very fairly and I would not say it was too much of a financial struggle to live here otherwise.

The nightlife was very good and there were plenty of options in the area surrounding our place of work. Prices were expensive because it was London but this didn't dampen the atmosphere too much.

The company often stages events such as volunteering, triathlons and other sports events along with yoga etc. run by employees. We also were able to attend screenings of the companies' movie in advance on several occasions.