Body-in-White Intern at BMW Group

Chichester South West
Automotive German Mechanical Engineering

BMW Group is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Supporting the BIW team by maintaining databases, creating presentations, supporting reworkers, completing administrative tasks and many more.

I had quite a rough start, due to a problem with the accommodation I picked (not because of the work itself!!), which made it a bit harder to get started but once I had "arrived" and learned how everything works, I really enjoyed it here and learned a lot.

Besides one exception, they all treated me with respect and civility. They gave me the feeling of being a colleague and not a subordinate.

They've been incredibly supportive and helpful. Nothing to add, just amazing.

There was always something to do, improve or discuss. Some days were very stressfull but usually, you knew this in advance.

Quite a lot actually. I had to take care of important processes and quite important documents as well as audit relevant tasks.

Working here made me more organised, which is good in any situation, as well as teaching me a lot about working for bigger companies, social skills, leadership and so on.

It sometimes was real fun, but since it's a really busy department, it was often pretty quiet. Nevertheless, the basic mood was a good one.

The start was kind of messed up since there was no handover/overlap with the previous intern. Apart from that, it was as organised as it could've been.

I had a weekly 121 with my manager (sometimes the 2nd manager joined in) where we talked about my most important projects as well as my personal development. I felt in good hands.

We sadly haven't talked about this yet, but i definitely would come back when offered the opportunity!

Yes. The constantly offered invitations to events, parties or other social events. If one is interested, one could always find someone to go out and do something.

It was quite cheap when compared to the other prices for accommodations. Socialising was easy doable aswell.

I didn't really have a great interest in joining the night life, so I sadly cant tell you anything about it.

As already mentioned in the "social scene"-answer, the inters often provided events and other activites that one could attend.