Digital Operations Inter at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith Central London and City
Business Analytics Information Technology

8.2/10

Uploading videos, ingesting games, assigning property codes. Working at the back end of the website and helping build movie pages and publishing games.

I loved my placement it is a such a wonderful company to work for. The culture is amazing and the people are so friendly everyone is willing to help in and outside of your department.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

I felt very valued I did not feel like an intern I felt like an employee. I had real responsibilities and I was listened to by my colleagues in meetings and just in general.

I was 100% supported by my line manager she was always on hand when I needed her but gave me enough space to be independent. I also had a mentor who helped me with extra activities such as networking and my university work.

At the beginning work was quite slow as I learnt everything but towards the middle I was extremely busy and had to delegate work to other colleagues. The work became more varied as I learnt different things.

I was given ALOT of responsibility so I had to be very careful and have great attention to detail. However I wasn't given more than I could handle so there wasn't too much pressure

The skills I have learnt at Disney will help me in my studies because it allows me to understand the context of what I am being taught and how it is used within an actual business

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

Very light hearted, very fun, everyone laughing, joking and having a good time. Everyone was professional but didn't take themselves too seriously. Sometimes people would just come to your desk to have a chat.

My role did change within my placement year but that could've happened anywhere. It was handled very well I had a one week handover with the previous intern where he taught me the basics and then my manager helped me with everything else. But I had a desk with a working computer I had most of my accounts set up in a week.

I did learn a lot of skills outside of my job. I learnt how to help out the other teams in my department and I did get extra training regarding certain tasks I had to perform so I could do them by myself and take ownership of the tasks/projects I was doing

I would 100% love to go back to Disney! In all honesty I really don't want to leave. But with the help of my mentor I networked across the building and have built up a lot of contacts so I can potentially go back to work there in the future even if it's not in the same department

Well there are 200 interns in the building so it's hard to talk to everyone. But the fellow students I was specifically with in my department didn't go out much but before some of my colleagues left we would go out quite often.

Being in London everything is naturally expensive but I lived at home so I didn't have to pay for rent. Also we got discount in the Hammersmith area so socialising wasn't too expensive.

Be at one is amazing the cocktails were great. There are many pubs and bars in the area for social/leaving drinks and the transport links were good so it's easy to get to central London

There were lots of volunteering opportunities such as helping out at the Ronald McDonald House and fireworks at Bishops Park. There were also lots of different in house volunteering jobs that I did from time to time.