1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was excellent, it provided great insight into the working world where I felt valued by my colleagues and an integral part of the team.
Both Warner Bros. and specifically WB Technology have been fantastic and I would thoroughly recommend the internship to anyone looking for an undergraduate role as part of their degree.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From Day 1 I felt like I was valued and appreciated and this continued throughout the year. They trusted me with a lot of responsibility and gave me my own projects to work on.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were wonderful, we had regular weekly catch-ups were I felt like I could talk about and resolve any issues that had come up during the week. It never felt like I was a burden to them instead it was quite the opposite.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The days were extremely busy and it was hard to get all of my work done within my allotted hours. Personally i like this way of working and I do have to say that I was never bored or short of things to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given my own projects to run that actually made a difference to the business. I believe that I can now leave something behind that will directly benefit multiple people at WB.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
WB offers a fantastic learning course alongside your work with a variety of skill-building sessions. These are done with the other interns at WB so it is also a good opportunity to meet and bond with your peers.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Office atmosphere was relaxed, there are a lot of people on the phone a lot of the time though so it wasn't too chatty. However I never felt uncomfortable asking anyone of my colleagues around me a question.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was seamlessly organised, the training set up was booked well in advance, initial meetings and kick-off's were ready for me when I started. Throughout I felt organised and that good preparation had gone in for my entire year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested a huge amount into me and I think they invest a huge amount into all of their interns. They are very interested in your future careers and provide you with an incredible experience that will be useful wherever we go after WB.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would jump at the opportunity to come back to WB.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We would have a social every other Thursday throughout most of the year, whilst also having regular lunches and weekend events out together. The intern cohort was excellent.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is notoriously expensive and there is no escaping that.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's central London so whatever your taste is your sure to be able to satisfy it here. I know that I experienced a complete variety of nighttime events, many of which I would do again!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company has a variety of charity and sporting events that any company member can get involved in.